We Will Handle all of the Details
When selling your house, there are few things more exciting than receiving an offer. That means someone is interested in your property and has prepared a formal offer to buy it.
What is an offer, exactly?
It’s simply a legal document that shows the price the buyer is proposing to pay, which may or may not be the same as your listing price. An offer will include other details, such as the requested closing date, and may also include one or more conditions also known as contingencies, such as “conditional on the property passing a home inspection.”
Ideally, when you receive an offer, you will want to sell your house to that buyer for the highest price possible. In addition, you’ll want to make sure there are no potential problems that might prevent the deal from closing – such as the buyer being unable to arrange financing. We will look for these red flags, anticipate any potential bumps in the road and maneuver us around and through them to assure your desired outcome, a sale!
We realize this may sound complicated if you haven’t been through a purchase before or in a long time. Maybe you haven’t purchased a property in Vermont yet and aren’t sure about how it may different here than your home state. Don’t worry. Southern Vermont Realty Group will take care of all the details. For example, we will:
- Review the offer with you and explain everything clearly referring you to a local real estate attorney for review where appropriate.
- Give you our professional assessment as to the quality of the offer. If there are things that concern us, we will point them out to you and suggest we discuss with your attorney.
- Advise you on your options to accept the offer, reject the offer, or make a counter-offer.
- Prepare a counter-offer, if necessary, that gets you a better deal, without risking the sale slipping through your fingers.
- Skillfully negotiate with the buyer or buyers agent on your behalf, so you sell your house for the highest price possible.
- Prepare all the necessary documents, and work closely with the buyer and his or her agent, to make sure the transaction goes through smoothly.
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with us.
Selling your house for the best price possible is our expertise, especially in this local market.
Want to discuss how much you may be able to get for your house? Please submit the form below, call or email Southern Vermont Realty Group for a no-obligation Consultation.
Resort and Second Home Property Specialist
Southern Vermont Realty Group