The Home Shopping Process
At Southern Vermont Realty Group our goal is to make the home shopping process pleasant, rewarding and successful for you.
We do that in a number of ways.
We regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable. For our out of state and remote buyer clients we offer a pre-view or video walk through first so we can make the most of your time when/if we are able to meet in person.
We make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property hits the market, you’re alerted at the same time real estate agents are. It is most definitely a sellers market here in Southern Vermont. A day can make all of the difference in securing your home before someone else does!
We help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you. If you are unable to attend for any reason we have many virtual tools to help you through the process from where ever you may be.
Before you view a property, we provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes past sales history, municipal records, market value, current owner information, maps, home owners association information and more. The important full story you can’t find on Zillow or Redfin. Later, if you have questions, we get the answers for you.
When you find a property you like, we give you a honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision alone.
As your team, Southern Vermont Realty Group is committed to getting you into the right home, at the right time and we are with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes, condos or land to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the property have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, lot size, amenities etc.)
- Does the property have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, fireplace, game room etc.)
- What is the general condition of the property? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the property need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon? Will there need to be engineering, perk testing or permits secured?
- What do you like most about the property?
- Is there anything you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk or drive around the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership? Is the access and road suitable to your wants/needs?
- Do you like where the property is situated in the neighborhood? You can change most things, but not location.
- Does the neighborhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, walking trails, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s our job to help make the process easy and productive for you, ( sometimes it’s even really fun!) so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call 802-464-2585 or email email@example.com and let us know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. If you prefer, submit the form below with your desired day and time to speak and a Southern Vermont Realty group agent will get back to you when it works for you.
Resort and Second Home Property Specialist