Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers, especially in this market. Don’t be. You’ve got an expert by your side.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document we present to the seller or sellers agent that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions like satisfactory inspections and financing. We will discuss comparable active listings and relevant past sales data to determine a fair offer price. Then we will go over the state of the current market for your subject properties location, inventory, buyer activity and determine what we can do to make the offer with the most advantageous outcome for you. Don’t worry, we have the experience and expertise to get you that deal!
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- We will recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, we may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- We prepare the necessary documents in a format that works for you. Everything can be done online even for the least tech savvy buyer! We are also able to sit down with you and do it together. Either way, we are with you every step.
- We will present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally and timely.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, we will work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- Communication is key. We will keep you informed throughout the entire process.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, we will help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the sale.
- Congratulations, Welcome Home! This is our favorite part.
We realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a firm like Southern Vermont Realty Group and our agents who put clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have experts on your side… a team that knows how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call us at 802-464-2585.
Resort and Second Home Property Specialist